Dear friends and family,

I know this is all a little personal, but I think I have lost most if not all of my filter after going through this. Gary and I have had a rough decision to make this last week, which is whether or not to have a complete hysterectomy. This is not an easy decision. We have decided to go a ahead with the complete hysterectomy for the following reasons. First, my health is most important. The oncologist we saw initially said that the one way we could make sure my tumors didn’t come back was to have a hysterectomy. Second, we are not interested in doing technologically based fertilization. For some this is an option they want, but after prayer and conversation, Gary and I have decided that is not what the Lord has for us. We want peace and we want to move on from this. After this, we can look forward to adoption. There are so many babies without mammas and I would LOVE to be their mamma.

To give a little background info on all of this…Last August Gary and I found out through a visit to my gynecologist that I had a large mass on my right ovary, it was about the size of a grapefruit. Yep that is HUGE. It had been growing since the previous February (they guesstimate). We had surgery, in which I had my right ovary, tube, omentum, and 3 liters of fluid removed. We found out that the tumor was considered a serous borderline tumor. This means this it is a round tumor that is not benign but also not malignant, is was in the middle somewhere. They recommended no treatment, so that we would have the chance to save my fertility and conceive. We also didn’t even know if we could conceive because all of the fluid that was created from the tumor had irritated my left tube and it didn’t appear that an egg could pass through the tube. All this to say that since last August I continued to see my gynecologist for regular check ups and blood work. This last check up, at the end of May we found another tumor this time on my left ovary.

Needless to say, Gary and I are ready to move on and are hopeful that it will be either the same type of tumor as last time or benign. We don’t want to have to do chemo or radiation which is dependent on what they find during surgery.

Ready for some happy news??! So am I! We got a new puppy! Her name is Lola and she is a hound. She and Ivory get a long amazingly! Ivory is so happy to have a playmate and Lola is happy to have a friend. I will definitely add a picture when I figure out how to. In the mean time please pray for my surgery, it will be Tuesday (6/12) at Swedish Hospital at 10:30 am. I am expected to be in surgery for about an hour possibly two. Thank you everyone for your support. ❤

Big hug, little kiss, big kiss, little kiss, big hug (anyone??)haha

OxXxO,

Caitie

Romans 8:15

English Standard Version (ESV)

15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

Advertisements